Thursday, March 5, 2009

U-Blog 4

The upcoming training seminar is going to be a bit tricky. Not only are we dealing with inexperienced students, but they are elderly inexperienced people. The elderly tend to shy away from most things new and confusing. Computer software use isn't exactly very inviting.

Our team has a pretty good plan of approach, but it's going to take a lot of patience and finesse for things to go well and without too many hang-ups. We've designed a lesson plan to focus on some necessary main ideas, but we'll also include enough to keep moving should the class pick things up pretty quickly.

I've taught (or at least helped teach) two classes at the most, and each time went pretty alright. I won't say I didn't lose my patience every once in a while - because I did - but I didn't let it show through to the class. I hope it'll go that well or better this time.

It's a bit intimidating having a bunch of people at a class listening to you tell them how they aren't doing something right or don't know anything about a certain subject, and it's especially intimidating working with people who have lived your life 3x over or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment